From the moment we reach out to a homeless child on the street, our programs at Casa Alianza are designed to lead abandoned children from the streets into an independent life.
In order to provide comprehensive care for children and teens with multiple challenges and problems, Casa Alianza Latin America has developed a dynamic model of holistic care, which forms the basis for all of our work. At the center of this model is a professional multi-disciplinary team that provides physical, emotional, social and spiritual support to each of our children and teens in a specialized and individual way. The Multi-Disciplinary Approach of Casa Alianza includes the following components:
- Front Line Staff — Each child is assigned a staff member who becomes their counselor. These front line staff members are with the children and teens at all times, morning, afternoon and night, to provide general care and assistance as well as individualized attention, and ensure that all kids are consistently receiving the support they need.
- Medical Program — Professional medical staff including doctors and nurses provide medical care, support and counseling for all children and teenagers, including pediatric care for babies. In the cases where the doctor/nurse team are unable to provide the medical services needed, they arrange and accompany children and teens for visits to hospitals and specialized clinics.
- Psychological Support — specialized professional psychological staff supports the emotional recovery and development of the children and teens, provide group and individual therapy, and offer various workshops to help them overcome the difficulties they are facing.
- Social Work — Professional Social Workers manage and monitor the process of reintegrating children and teens into formal education, vocational training courses and employment.
- Addiction Services — Professional specialists help kids recover from and overcome addictions to harmful substances. This is carried out mainly through individual and group therapy and counseling, as well as a program which provide sustainable and healthy alternatives to drug use.
- Sexuality and HIV/AIDS — Professional staff provide education and awareness courses regarding sexuality and sexual health. They also ensure support and counseling for children and teens suffering from HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Spiritual Support — Casa Alianza understands that each child will need to use every resource available to be able to start a new life and we offer many activities that integrate mind, body, and spirit in healing including meditation, yoga, creative visualization, and other recognized therapies. Each child is supported in their religion of choice if they so desire and no child is ever made to participate in any activity that is not in keeping with their own religious affiliation or preference.
- Arts, Culture, Recreation and Sports — Trained staff provide a program of healthy and sustainable activities for children and teens, including sports leagues and competitions, theater trips, birthday parties, trips to different parts of the country, and classes in music, dance, and art.